Wednesday, January 13, 2016

25 Most Anticipated Tours of 2016


From Consequence of Sound:

04. The Cure

The Cure are an institution at this point. The goth pop-rockers have been going steady since 1976, releasing 13 albums and helping teenagers of multiple generations deal with their complex feelings. While some of their later work has not been as critically adored, their live performances have remained remarkably steady. Robert Smith’s voice remains a timeless bastion of heartache and longing, sweetly crooning over the band’s impeccable post-punk arrangements. It’s a time for old fans to rekindle their love for the band and for new fans to find that emotional release promised from their parents’ old copies of Disintegration. We’re lucky to have The Cure still going strong and shouldn’t take this opportunity for granted. –Dusty Henry

6 comments:

  1. I love this article! I can't wait to see them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said by Mr. Dusty Henry. And no, I do not take this opportunity for granted. I know how lucky us fans are to be able to see The Cure live, repeatedly for many of us. Going to a Cure concert is like being dealt a little slice of momentary bliss for me. I am extremely grateful for this opportunity and so incredibly excited for June when I can see them play in Chicago!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice article it is true it is like 3 hours of bliss can't wait for both Chicago shows. I hope they play some weird stuff like Ariel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weird stuff would be good. I would love to see Splintered in Her Head played live, for example. Lament would be fantastic as well, among others.

      Delete
    2. Weird stuff would be good. I would love to see Splintered in Her Head played live, for example. Lament would be fantastic as well, among others.

      Delete
  4. IAD Airport Limousine Services in affordable price Contact us to hire for your Trips and tours.....

    ReplyDelete