Thursday, November 3, 2011

Compilation of Springwatch Cure mentions

Watch it here.

"For the benefit of non-UK CoF'ers, Springwatch is an annual BBC show (with a sister program Autumnwatch) which is on daily for about two weeks each year, and charts the fortunes of British wildlife during the changing of the seasons. It got my attention in 2009 when I found out that one of the presenters, Chris Packham, was shoehorning Smiths references into his live links (as seen on this YouTube video). I loved this, and then found out that this year he did the Manics. I had a quick google to see if he'd 'done' anyone in the interim year (fingers were crossed for The Cure as my wife is a MASSIVE fan). Sure enough, he had done them, and had even posted a handy blog about it on the BBC site - only snag being it had been on well over a year ago.

Fast forward to October this year - we were getting married on the 11th and I thought it would be a great idea to track down the series, find the clips and make the video. Perfect wedding present for my Cure-daft wife-to-be, I thought. Thanks to a handy torrent site I was ready to go. Didn't manage to get it done in time for the wedding but this is kinda the midpoint between the wedding and the Reflections show so there you go. Took well over 25 hours to do, including having to watch episode 10 four times right through in the (unsuccessful) attempt to find In Between Days. But - got all the rest though (eventually), so here you go.

PS - went down a treat with my wife Lorna - hope he doesn't do Depeche Mode next or I'm fucked."
(Thanks and congratulations, Alan & Lorna!)

7 comments:

  1. Ok that is crazy cool.. Never heard of this guy... How fun to be on TV and throw out CURE references so often. I know Jason COOPER is a bird watcher. Hope he has seen this program. :) I wonder if his co host is tired of this. :) Wonderful - thanks so much for sharing - that was fun to watch... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superb! Thanks for this Craig. Packham's the kind of guy that justifies license fees. Genius indeed :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. English not being my native language, i wonder if that always sounds fluid and adequate, used correctly and make sense? Or doens't it sometimes sound akward?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Surely you would WANT it to be Depeche Mode then? ;)

    ReplyDelete